If you need to live longer, you need to take care of yourself a little more seriously. Any health professional, including doctors, dieticians, fitness professionals and others always emphasize on factors like proper diet, regular exercise and proper rest. However, you may do the following things that can make you get sick sooner:
- You don’t consume enough veggies and fruits: Not just eating any veggie and fruit, you should also need to consume deep green, red, purple and orange produce. Their phytochemicals, antioxidants, vitamins and minerals could significantly maintain your health. If you don’t have enough veggie and fruit, the risk of cancer and cardiovascular diseases can be much higher.
- You stay away from dietary fiber: Some people don’t like eating food with significant plant-based bulk, like spinach. If you don’t have enough dietary fiber intake, waste will remain in your colon to ferment. Having accumulated waste so near to your internal organs can be risky.
- You don’t like to break a sweat: Some people complain if they sweat just a little. Instead, they continue staying on the couch, although it’s a bad thing for their overall health. If you are feeling lightheaded from just walking up a flight of stairs, then you may have endurance and stamina problem. If you have normal endurance, you want be short of breath of doing something slightly exerting. Active lifestyle will ensure healthy cardiovascular and respiratory systems.
- You don’t do weight training: Just being moderately active isn’t enough, you also need to enough weight training. A good weight training program can help to strengthen your muscles and bones.
- You have stress problems: Stress is unavoidable and everyone experiences it. You can seek most preferred way to get relaxed and calm your nerves, such as yoga, meditation, listening to soothing music and doing your hobbies. For some people, exercise could help them to be free from frustrating scenario.
- You love sugar: Sugar can make many things taste better. It’s a quick source of energy, causing your to have the feeling of crash and burn, after you have an overload of sugar.
- You love fatty foods: Fatty foods taste juicy, tasty and fulfilling, but you are ruining your health. Bad fats and cholesterol will inflame and clog your blood vessels. A simple blockage could cause permanent disability due to stroke or even death. Instead, you should choose healthy fats that keep your cardiovascular system healthy.
- You cook or order too much food: If you cook or order too much food, you will be compelled to finish it, because you don’t want to waste money. Overeating is never good, even if you eat fruits and vegetables. Too much fruits can give you sugar overdose and too much vegetables could cause digestion issues.
- You love alcohol: Alcohol may make you feel good, but it can also make your liver to work too hard. Alcohol may cause spike in blood sugars and it could actually feed cancer cells, if you have this illness. In fact, it’s a good idea to avoid drinking alcohol, regardless of the social condition.